How to Use Locking Pin Backs in The Best Way
Using locking pin backs is an effective way to keep your pins from being lost, however, some pin wearers have no idea on how to use locking pin backs, and this post shares some suggestions on how to use them correctly.
How to Put On Locking Pin Backs? (The Type Without Tool)
1) Attach your enamel pin to garment.
2) Place the locking pin back on your pin and push down until you feel the “click”, then your pin is locked in place.
How to Remove Locking Pin Backs?
It is also easy, just squeeze-pull on the little flange on the back, then you can remove it from pin post.
How to Use Pin Locks with Allen Key?
1) Loosen the set screw in the pin lock with the included Allen wrench(screw doesn't need to come out completely), attach your pin to garment and lay the pin on a flat surface, with the pin facing up. Place the open end of the pin lock tube on the pin. At this point, the pin lock is standing on end, not laying on its side. Situate it so that it is straight and not leaning to either side.
2) Hold the pin in place with one hand while support the pin lock with your forefinger, and hold the allen key in the other hand. Carefully slide the long end of the tool through the screw hole in the side of the pin lock. Twist the tool clockwise to tighten the set screw.
3) Do this gently, without excess force. Twist only far enough to feel some tension. Pin keepers are threaded inside, and use those threads to hold on to your pin. If you twist too tightly, the screw thread probably will become stripped and the pin post will be bent.